Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Demonization of America

I realize that this might be somewhat of a repeat of my last post but once again I find myself outraged that many people would consider me a monster because I am a capitalist who eats meat and does not believe that the end of the world is just down the corner if we don't do everything that Al Gore tells us (obligatory bow to the general direction of Al Gore - protector of earth mother). What has inspired my ire? Apparently Natalie Portman considers me and all people who are not vegans to be rapists. I did not read her entire article because frankly I got tired of Hollywood types claiming to be the saviours of mankind since Oprah declared her supremacy in the Pantheon of celebrity Gods who tell us what to do.

However, I believe the article talks about the maltreatment of animals in slaughterhouses and so on and so on. Point taken and I am not without compassion for animals but here is the apparent irony that I find so hard to reconcile. I have no doubt that Ms. Portman worships at the altar of political correctness on a regular basis. While I have no confirmation, no doubt the outraged Portman would have no problem partially delivering a child and then sticking, for lack of a better word, an ice pick in the back of its scull and then delivering the no doubt tortured and lifeless corpse. Our beloved president (again, bowing in his general direction chanting yes we can, yes we can), has no problem taking the child resulting from a failed abortion and allowing that child to die in the back closet of a hospital or better yet, finding a public iceberg to send our beloved seniors off to their death, morphine drip provided by uncle Sam (of course, death panels are really just the same as the tooth fairy - they don't really exist right?).

So what is the problem? In a word, hypocrisy with a capital h.

Now as for Mr. Gore (obligatory bow). A few problems here, nuclear energy, offshore oil and natural gas. Truth is there are lots of energy solutions but some would rather have us that to move in any direction that would actually help the environment is also not environmental so we are left with a quixotic dream that windmills will save us (well, as long as we chant yes we can). Or better yet, we can just plug our cars into the liviing room wall at night. Hmm, I wonder what produced that electricity? Logic, nah, we don't need no stinking logic, only Al's smiling face.

And then of course I have Michael Moore telling me that the very system that made him rich is wrong. But guess who will not be waiting in mile long lines for a block of government cheese and moldy bread when hyperinflation hits (but we did need to fund studies on the Siberian snipe did we not?) OK, I jest but the logic confuses me. I guess I think one and one have to add up to two. In the world of Ms. Portman, Mr. Gore and our beloved saviour and self proclaimed big brother you only need to say change and smoke some of that medical marijuana so that when you are waiting for soylent green because the economy has collapsed you will not feel anything even if soylent green is people. I guess the good thing is that soylent greeen will not be animals and Ms. Portman can continue to wallow in her cloud of illogical and idealism with her Hollywood paid doctors while the rest of us will go to the slaughterhouse (oops, sorry I meant hospice) when we get old.

No comments:

Post a Comment